Monday, November 30, 2009

chili reincarne...?

So I had a bunch of turkey.  Shocker, I know.  And I wanted to not make Thanksgiving Part 4 for dinner and I didn't want to make turkey pot pie, or turkey shepherd's pie or turkey soup - so I whizzed it in the food processor and made some 2 Bean Spicy Turkey Chili with a Cornbread Hat.  Not hard.  I even cheated and used the chili seasoning mix (doctored with more chili powder, garlic powder, red pepper flakes and cumin).  I chopped an onion and a clove of garlic and browned, threw in whizzed turkey, heated it, tossed in spices and heated until fragrant.  I then added 1 1/2 big cans of whole peeled tomatoes, hand crushed and that tiny, cute can of tomato paste.  2 cans of white kidney beans and 1 can of black beans for the beanage and simmer for 1/2 hour or so and heck yeah! 



Spoon into crocks and top with cornbread mix (I use Jiffy Corn Muffin mix - it's like 12 cents a box or something and perfect) and bake in a 400 degree oven about 25 minutes.



Excellent use of turkey in a very unthanksgiving way.  If I had more turkey I would do turkey enchiladas too.  Maybe next year.  :)

2 comments:

  1. Dude, that is epic! chili cornbread pot pie?!! How has this not been discovered and exploited prior to this?

    ReplyDelete
  2. i don't know! i stole it too - but awesome idea right? and mega easy. heh. i said mega.

    ReplyDelete