Sunday, March 7, 2010

food costs money.

I haven't done a large food shopping in months, so I decided to bite the bullet and go for it.  Two hunny and sixty bills later I was done.  Youch.  To my defense, I did buy some kind of pricey stuff (cheese, ground lamb), a good amount of meat (well - pork, chicken and turkey), and some extra fun stuff (coffee syrup) - but holy moly.  I am hoping to make this shopping trip last except the trips for fresh stuff and I even might try my hand again at planning meals (when I owned a house and had an extra freezer I did a LOT of that).  My lifestyle now supports more of a decide-dinner-the-night-before type situation but I KNOW I can save money by planning - so I will give it a try again.

Either way - 200 bucks I could have spent on boots so the food better be good.  :)

2 comments:

  1. That's a good amount of scratch. Do you freeze a lot of your meats, etc?

    Lookin forward to seeing what you whip up, lady!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i freeze EVERYTHING. i freeze bread. not kidding. panera does this giveaway thing with my school every monday and i take home a RIDICULOUS amount of bread and freeze it. comes in major handy. some I make croutons with and i am going to do some bread pudding soon too!

    as for my ridiculous shoppingpalooza i will keep you posted. :)

    ReplyDelete