Thursday, August 12, 2010

Cucumber Challenge

So today I cut up a cucumber and decided to have each slice a different way to see what I liked best.  I am not a huge fan of cucumber to begin with, but I was eager to find a way that I like it more - because eating more cucumber and less home made ice cream is probably a good idea.

The following is what I topped the cuke slices with:
  • salt
  • cayenne pepper
  • red pepper flakes
  • honey
  • powdered ranch dressing mix
  • lemon pepper
  • chocolate syrup

And the winners were:

cuke challenge

Powdered  ranch dressing mix (savory) and honey (sweet).  Now I realize that you could probably pour these two things on ALOT of other stuff and have it taste good, and that ranch dressing on vegetables is not antything new - but I was surprised by the honey. 

I will try to top more veggies with strange things in the future.

3 comments:

  1. 1. love this

    2. now I want to make fancy canapés with cukes, a sprinkle of ranch powder, and a swirl of whipped cream cheese or bit of goat cheese.

    ReplyDelete
  2. K8 - you need to invite me over more.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't really like cucumbers either but had them recently with balsamic vinegar and some olive oil...it was really good!!!!

    ReplyDelete